After welcoming in the New Year last night, you may need a bit of a pick-me-up this morning. Here’s a recipe that can be used throughout the year. It serves between one and a million. It’s a great hit at parties.
- 2 parts Appreciation
- 1 part Confidence
- 2 parts Imagination
- A sprinkle of humor
- A dash of mischief
- 5 parts Action
- Take the appreciation you have for the people in your life and mix it slowly with confidence you have in yourself until well blended. Be sure to let the feelings breathe so that the mixture rises and doubles about 2-1/2 times.
- Now take the imagination of all things possible and sprinkle the humor and
- mischief. Beat happily at high speed until well-formed ideas begin to emerge.
- Combine the blended appreciation and confidence with the blended imagination, humor and mischief until effervescent.
- Let concoction stand until it sustains a new action filled with peace, joy, hope and love.
Amazingly, this recipe can take the form of dance, singing, playing an instrument, leaving for an adventure, driving peacefully in a traffic jam, going to work,
cleaning up a room, gardening, talking with a friend, reading a book, rearranging a drawer, playing with your dog and so much more. Be prepared to have a really good time! Happy New Year!